The ICO project in one paragraph: Skrilla is a licensed, fully regulated, global eSports wagering brand. Skrilla is a collaboration between two leading technology firms, Puntaa and the GAMURS Group. Puntaa are the founders of the world’s first licenced peerto-peer (P2P) social betting platform, while the GAMURS group are the leading international eSports media network. Their token, Skrilla (SKR), addresses issues inherent in existing centralised betting products. The benefits include improved trust and transparency, enhanced liquidity through global player pools, reduced fees, and incentivised behaviours (participation, referrals, and social sharing) that grow the network effects for the benefit of all members. SKR, an ERC20 token built on the Ethereum blockchain, will be the unit of exchange within the network allowing users to enter contests, place bets, and collect winnings.
What makes Skrilla different: they have a fully licensed daily fantasy eSports product that is already live in the Australian market. Post token sale, their priority will be to integrate the token and launch the product into Canada, US and selected European countries.
Token utility: The primary function of Skrilla (SKR) is as a utility token at the core of the Skrilla platform, used to enter contests, place bets and receive winnings in regulated jurisdictions. Tokens will also be distributed to users from the Growth pool for work completed, for the purpose of providing liquidity to the network, incentivising desired behaviours, and driving members to participate in, and grow, network effects. Further utility will be available within the broader GAMURS Group ecosystem, which has 3.5 million monthly active members and is growing rapidly. Early application within these networks will see the token used as a unit of exchange to:
Raised funds usage after pre-sale finishes:
- 38% Development core development team to deliver on the transition of the existing Skrilla platform to the blockchain and roadmap milestones;
- 19% Business Operations support, trading and business services teams;
- 25% Marketing content and digital marketing team to deliver sponsorship, partnerships, and social media ad purchases to scale the member base;
- 7% Legal corporate structuring, licensing in various jurisdictions, and ongoing compliance costs with regulatory bodies;
- 11% Other contingency fund set aside for unforeseen costs, as well as other key cost buckets including office space, infrastructure hosting and 3rd party data.
Token sale schedule:
9pm on 6th October 2017, UTC
9pm on 9th October 2017, UTC
9pm on 10th October 2017, UTC
9pm on 16th October 2017, UTC
9pm on 23rd October 2017, UTC
As a conclusion, here are TokenCouncil's ratings:
Project idea: 8/10
Token utility: 7/10
Partnerships/real world usage: 6/10 (will be updated if any strategic partnerships are established)
Overall media buzz: 8/10
Communication channels and openness: 10/10