Good news for the owners of BlockCAT assets - they have just been listed on Cryptopia, so now you can trade them on both EtherDelta and Cryptopia. For the moment volumes are low, since CoinMarketCap hasn't yet listed Cryptopia as a market for BlockCAT.
Personally, I am still waiting for Bittrex to list BlockCAT, however I am not sure this is going to happen soon, as some time ago the guys at BlockCAT kind of screwed it in a tweet saying they are in discussions with Bittrex. Soon afterwards they deleted the tweet and apologised for the lack of discretion. Anyway, Cryptopia is a good start.
If you took a look on coinmarketcap last week, you noticed for sure that all the major coins had massive value drops. The main reason for that was an announcement China has made regarding the ban of Chinese ICOs (for now). In other words, until further notice and regulations, Chinese companies will not be allowed to create ICOs in order to fund their projects. After this announcement, investors started transforming their assets in USDT or even cashed out (there has been a major drop in the market cap value, especially on Tuesday and Sunday). All I see right now is the opportunity to buy more with less, so this is great. And actually China's decision is a very good one. Here's why:
1. Most of the Chinese ICOs were scams. The Chinese government actually stated they are backing crypto and fintech technologies, however they need to establish a regulated ICO procedure, so future scams will be avoided. This is actually very good, as only strong and legit ICOs will be created.
2. There were some rumors that Chinese citizens will not be able to participate in ICOs, which is (for the moment) not true. So, Chinese companies cannot create ICOs, however Chinese citizens can invest in international ICOs. And even when they will not be able to directly invest in an ICO, they will be able to buy new tokens when they are listed on exchanges, which will mean ever more hype!
3. Due to all of the above, the market crashed last week, which makes it now a great opportunity to join the game and invest in some tokens, as they will (as always) rise.
So, happy investing!
If you took a look on CoinMarketCap this weekend, I assume you realized September started with a market free fall and a slight increase in the Tether (USDT) volume. However, this is good news, as it is not time to buy! There have been a lot of Bitcoin sell orders that were programmed to be fulfilled when Bitcoin will get close to the $5000 value. Anyway, the same people that sold for almost $5000 bought the Bitcoin back when its value decreased, so soon we will be experiencing some ascending trends again. This being said, I am now watching some altcoins that I would like to buy in September, so here they are:
1. Stratis (STRAT) - I believe Stratis has potential in September, as it seems they will be the winners of the September Binance Poll, and you know what happens when a currency is listed on a new exchange, right? In addition, they will also launch the Breeze Wallet in the first part of September. Ah, and they are backed by Microsoft.
Price at the date of this article: 0.00144937 BTC / $6.55
2. Binance Coin (BNB) - I believe that BNB is a good long-term investment as it is one of the altcoins that has immediate utility. Binance is one of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges in China and BNB is their own token. BNB holders have benefits on Binance, such as 50% off if they pay the exchange fees in BNB. This, combined with the continuous trade volume increase on Binance, will also increase the value of the token.
Price at the date of this article: 0.00031217 BTC / 1.42 USD
3. Long-term investment: Steem (STEEM) - while personally I am not a great fan of Steemit, it seems like it is getting more and more popular nowadays. Apart from Steemit, they are developing other project that are based on Steem, such as video content portals and other social platforms. I believe it has great long-term potential and that this is just the beginning of something that will shake the social content as we know it today. And the price right now seems to be a good entry point. In fact, I intend to buy somewhere at 0.00025 BTC and after that not to look at it for at least one year.
Price at the date of this article: 0.00028955 BTC / $1.31
Trading Bitcoin and altcoins can be both profitable and fun. However, you always need to make sure that you do it on exchanges that are trustworthy, fast and secure. In addition, I personally like a nice user interface, with nice graphics and clean fonts. High trade volumes are also a must, as none of the above matter if the 24h trade volume is 100 BTC. As a disclaimer, at the moment there is no cryptocurrency exchange that fully guarantees the safety of the assets that you store in their wallets, so it is recommended to choose the ones that offer you the best security measures, such as two-factor authentication (2fa), IP limitations and login confirmation e-mails. It is also very important to set up a strong password that contains characters (both in lower and uppercase), numbers and symbols. What is more important is to never use the same password for all the exchanges, but I assume you already know this.
This being said, here are the three cryptocurrency exchanges that I use right now:
1. Bittrex is now the cryptocurrency exchange that I use for most of my trades.
PROS: 2fa, login confirmation e-mails, IP check (every time you try to login from a different IP address you must confirm your identity by clicking a link sent via e-mail), high trade volume and a very nice, clean user interface. They also offer some nice trading instrumens, such as the conditional trading (also known as stop-loss).
CONS: it usually takes a while until they list some new currencies, so this could be improved.
2. HitBTC is the cryptocurrency exchange that I use for trading the new-comers of the market.
PROS: early-adopters (short time needed to list the new currencies), a lot of USDT markets (you can exchange almost every altcoin directly into USDT), large trading volumes, 2fa, the possibility to buy bitcoin and altcoins by transferring USD to your HitBTC USD wallet.
CONS: the user interface is not my cup of cake. Also, in order to withdraw fiat (cash) you need to send them a scanned copy of a bank statement. Which in my case is kind of impossible, since my USD account is in Revolut, and Revolut doesn't send any hard-copy bank statement. In fact, they do not send a hard copy of anything.
3. Kraken is actually the cryptocurrency exchange that I use to buy Bitcoin and that I will (eventually) use to cash out some of my profits. They have a pretty straightforward fiat deposit and withdrawal system that allows you to do the above in a multitude of methods. As I consider their user interface is not that trading-friendly, I usually just buy Bitcoin with Kraken and after that I transfer it to my Bittrex wallet.
So these are the three exchanges I mostly use now. You may wonder why a big player like Poloniex is not present in my list? That is because lately I have heard a lot of complaints about long or even unprocessed withdrawals from Poloniex, so I now paused all the Poloniex trading and also withdrew all my currencies from the Poloniex wallets. I didn't experience any inconveniences with them, however I consider it's better to be very cautious.
I hope this was useful for you and also would love to hear from you what exchanges you use for the trades you make. Feel free to comment!
Good news! The McLaren dealership in Newport Beach, USA (2540 West Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA 92663) just announced on their Twitter and Facebook accounts they now accept Bitcoin payments for vehicle purchases. For the moment this will be possible via the BitPay card I was telling you about in my previous article.
While in the cryptocurrency investors groups it seems that Lamborghini is more popular, as everyone hopes the next token will bring them a Lambo, we must admit that this is a huge step forward and shows once again that cryptocurrencies are now building the future of finance.
So, would you buy a McLaren or are you still waiting for Lambo to take this step also?
Monetha has raised 95.000ETH (36,6 million dollars) in just 18 minutes! Investors not happy for not being able to invest.
I've been waiting for the Monetha ICO for a while now and have tried to buy MTH today when it started. I couldn't finish the process since at first I kept receiving a registration error message in which I was asked to contact the Monetha team. After about five minutes I finally did it and initiated the transaction. Seven hours later my transaction is still pending and the ETH is in my wallet, which means I didn't manage to buy MTH.
Looking over the internet I found a lot of other investors that are in my situation and that are commenting about whales that had the chance to buy before the ICO start time and also that were not very happy with the buying procedure.
Even if I didn't manage to buy, I must admit that i really appreciated the pre-ICO communication and transparency and that the team behind this project deserves congratulations for such a success.
Cryptocurrency is now in the spotlight and this is easy understandable. As more and more cash (fiat) is pumped into the market and huge profits are often made overnight, you are probably wondering how you can reverse the Bitcoin/Ethereum investment back into USD/EUR/GBP. Fortunately, there are a few good and fast solutions to do that:
Mainly the same as Kraken, Bitstamp is an exchange that also allows you to exchange Bitcoin into fiat and then transfer it to your bank account.
Gemini is a fully regulated, fully compliant, New York-based digital asset exchange for both individuals and institutions. It allows you to exchange Bitcoin or Ethereum into USD.
Bitpanda is Europe's most popular service to buy and sell bitcoin and Ethereum. It allows you to buy Bitcoin and Ethereum with your credit card and also sell Bitcoin instantly to your bank account.
If you are in a hurry and wish to trade fast, you can visit Localbitcoins.com. It allows you to trade bitcoins in 15147 cities and 248 countries. You just enter your location and it will show you people around you that are interested in buying Bitcoin instantly in the exchange of cash.
Very promising future projects
TenX, Monaco and BitPay are companies that are now trying to implement credit cards that are linked to your cryptocurrency wallets, so you can use them to pay directly to the corner store. Another project that is actually my favorite is Revolut. They have a brilliant mobile app and have lately stated they will soon introduce Bitcoin exchange in the app.
Hope you found this information useful. If you happen to also know other Bitcoin-fiat options, feel free to share them in the comments.
Yesterday Bitcoin reached an all-time high value of $4580, getting closer and closer to the $5000 value. Looking back, Bitcoin seems unstoppable, as yesterday's value was double than the one it had on July 20th. If we take it this way, the $5000 value for a Bitcoin is not very far away considering that yesterday it gained over $200 in just two hours.
Despite the continuous evolution of altcoins, Bitcoin seems to remain the safest long-term cryptocurrency investment, with a stable growth and a low volatility level.
If you invested $50 in BITCOIN on 2011-01-01, you would have made 1,433,234% ROI, that's $716,617 in profit.
Bitcoin is now (29th of Aug 2017) worth 4368 USD. However, it wasn't always like that. If you are still hesitant wether to invest or not in crypto, then this website will help you take a decision faster. It's simple: you fill the amount (USD) and date and it will calculate how much profit (%) and money you would have had today. In other words, it will show you how much money you lost because you didn't invest. Just visit whatifbitcoin.com/
Keeps you thinking, right?
Their ICO will be launched today at 1:00 PM (UTC) and their goal is to raise 50.000 ETH, which at this minute's ETH value means 17.600.000 USD.
KICKICO wants to be the blockchain platform for ICO, crowdfunding and crowdinvesting on smart-contracts. So, in other words, they want to be for crypto what Kickstarter is for USD. I personally like their idea, as I believe they will empower all the smart, but not very financially empowered people that have some brilliant ideas, but do not have the money to develop a full-featured ICO.
As this idea is combibing the success of crowdfunding with the success of blockchain, I see great potential and, what is most important, I see the utility of the idea. Lately there are a lot of ICOs and unfortunately I consider most of them are either useless, scams or have no realistic goal (fantastic ideas, but very hard to achieve).
As for their token (KickCoin KC), it looks like a promising long-term investment, as it will have a utility and doesn't seem to be just another uselesscoin. The ICO parity will be 1 ETH = 3000 KC.
Hope this was helpful and not time-consuming to read. Any feedback will be appreciated, so please use the comment section. Till next time, happy investing!
A while ago a friend of mine told me about an ICO that helped him multiply his investment x6 in just three days. As this sounded too good to be true, I was very interested to find out more information, and that was the beginning of my new passion - the cryptocurrency world, ICO analisys and cryptocurrency trading.
OK, so what exactly is an ICO?
An ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is, like an IPO, a fundraising means in which a company attracts investors, but with a crypto twist and (for now) without most of the regulations that an IPO must comply with. During the ICO the company is releasing its own digital currency and usually it sells it for Bitcoin, Ethereum or USD.
At TokenCouncil.com I will keep you informed about the latest and most important upcoming ICOs and also notable news about the blockchain world.